ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Matt Swanson
Regular MemberPosts: 106Gear list
Like?
First time post here :) Be gentle
Jun 4, 2012

Hey all.

Been lurking in the shadows here for months...50D user, Fuji X100 purchased and loved for the last year or so, but it was time to upgrade to a full-frame body with video and audio, so the 5D Mark III was purchased about a month ago.

Firstly, like many others, I'm sort of stunned at the images I'm getting...the quality of the grain (I'm a fan of grain, first and foremost, so I'm not looking for CLEAN images, necessarily, especially in dim conditions, which I find myself in a lot) reminds me of film, which is where I (like most of you) started. But the AF in low light is just stunning, especially coming from the XXD line (owned a 20D before the 50D).

Anyway, here's a few I've taken and been happy with over the last month or so. All processed with Lightroom 4.1, which I'm still learning (and honestly, any tips or tricks would be GREATLY appreciated, as I'm eager to learn any and all processing habits).

C&C not only welcome, but encouraged.

Look forward to sharing more around here, and thanks for looking!

-Swanson

(PS, last two were taken before I'd gotten 4.1 with support for Raw, so they were shot and processed JPG)

Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow