Started Jun 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sidney Cheng
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
Problems with OM-D night+portrait shots
Jun 4, 2012

Been pretty happy with the OM-D so far but ran into a bit of problem and was wondering if any one had the same and knows a solution.

I was taking some portrait shots with fill-in flash at night and used the Night+Portrait SCN to try. The background is a nice well light skyline at night. I have a few shots that came out pretty good but also a whole bunch that kind of "hung" the camera. After pressing the shutter, you can hear the shutter opening but doesn't close and the screen shows a flashing red icon on the top left (I think it's trying to access the memory card or something). Eventually, the camera returns to normal and the shot is over exposures with ghosting from the slow shutter (even though the flash fired).

In this case, I am using Pana 20mm F1.7 and the standard click on flash so not sure if it is the Pana that is causing the problem since they lens also cause the camera to hang after it tries to go to sleep and can only the reset by taking the battery out.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow