ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tmaxey1
Forum MemberPosts: 55
Like?
Which to Buy Nex F3 vs Nex 5N
Jun 4, 2012

Hello Everyone. A new member here.

With the release of the Nex f3 I am interested in getting some feedback from everyone on which camera would be the better purchase today.

I know a f5 may be on the horizon however if you were buying a camera today which one would be the better purchase?

It seems the f3 has every feature as the current 5n except for the touch screen. It adds some additional features like digital zoom and portrait detection. It also has the pop up flash as well that can be angled to work as a bounce flash.

I will be buying a camera pretty soon (within the week) so I dont want to wait for the possible f5 because that could take a really long time and I am losing precious time where my baby and 3 year old are just getting bigger each day.

The camera body dimensions are so close to the same size that i think thats a push.

They label the Nex F3 as the entry level model and often say it is marketed as a move up from Point and Shoot. Yet this isnt said about the Nex 5N. What your thoughts on this considering that they both seem to be so similar in everyway.

Thanks for the discussion and feedback in advance. If the f3 had the touch screen in would be an easy pic. As it stands now I am torn.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow