Started Jun 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zorrik
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Best Value Tele Lens prime/zoom, MF/AF for NEX-7
Jun 4, 2012

About to order my nex-7 with two sigmas (19 and 30).

Just need to resolve one last issue. Could I please have another round of opinions on a good value, decent IQ Tele prime or zoom.

I see a lot of different opinions on this forum ranging from native Sony E-Mount with a teleconverter to an adapter with a legacy lens. However, while I have some experience with telescope based astrophotography, I never touched a high powered compact photo lens and teleconverters, so I do need a bit of help here.

Here is what I am looking for.

1) I am trying to stay under $800 (tough, I know), don't mind hunting for used lenses or the necessity of MF if the IQ justifies it.
2)Bulk is not a really big deal but monster lenses would not work out too well.

3)I can shoot boosted so although OSS is nice and should be considered it is not a show stopper, if a really good lens does not have it.

4) High IQ of static images is more important for me than ability to shoot fast action

5) A couple of prime lenses or a zoom - that is the question... Need more experience to decide that on my own, need some help. Hoping to hit the sweet spot between magnification and the impact on IQ and my wallet =). I do understand the light gathering issues.

I hope this is enough food for thought to solicit some constructive suggestions.

Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow