I came soooo close to M4/3 and 1 System cameras.....

Started Jun 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nikonworks
Senior MemberPosts: 2,202
Like?
I came soooo close to M4/3 and 1 System cameras.....
Jun 3, 2012

............. But...in the end I decided the best thing for me to do was upgrade my D5000 to the D5100.

Now I can use all my glass, have Phase Detect AF, external microphone, Nikon's CLS lighting, Eye-fi compatibility, and very importantly the swivel lcd.

Been using my D7000 for photojournalism with my D5000 (and ever present Samsung TL500) as my back-up.

Only problem is when I need video I have to use the D7000 as it has the mic jack.
And I am forced to use the D5000 for stills.

Now I can shoot videos with an external micrphone with my D5100 and use my D7000 for stills.

I looked all over the marketplace and then realized a year old camera, the D5100, can put me in good stead for the lowest price of all options I which considered.

Bought the body with the $200 rebate. Can't beat that.

My first D5100 pics of my wife are actually amazing and using the articulated lcd for verticals, under and over head is simply great.

My D5000 will become my 'In the car camera', ever ready, except on hot/cold days, I will bring it inside/or bring it with me in my bag.

I came very close to spending thousands od dollars, (almost $2000 at least on bodies & lenses) to lighten my load and solve my workflow problems when all I needed was the D5100 body.

I post this F.Y.I. in case some of you are facing the same issues I was.

Nikon D5000 Nikon D5100 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow