NEX 7 + Sigma 19mm

Started Jun 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vaughn T.Winfree
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,978Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX 7 + Sigma 19mm
In reply to Jonathan_Whiteman, Jun 3, 2012

Jonathan_Whiteman wrote:

Do you find that they're both really slow to start? I mean, when you turn it on for the first time. I like the shots I get from my 30mm but the delay is terrible (at least 2x as a slow as Sony lenses). I'm missing shots because of it. I'm wondering if the 19mm is any quicker.

I have found that my 19mm attached to my NEX7 does start up a bit slower as you have noticed. Maybe a full second longer. Don't know why though. But I manage to half press the shutter when I think I am going to shoot most of the time to keep it up and running at that moment when I need it. As far as focus speed, it's pretty much spot on when I need it. I just need to get quicker on the focus point when I am using the flex focus placing it in different locations on the frame. In all though, I like the size, weight, finish, and the edge sharpness of this lens...The pictures shown here look good and I am sure the OP is liking this lens just as I do.

-- hide signature --

Vaughn T. Winfree

'Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening.
Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's
heaven on earth.' --Mark Twain

'See what the camera see's. Let the lens interpret what can be. Capture a moment in time telling a story.'--Vaughn T. Winfree

Vaughn T.Winfree's gear list:Vaughn T.Winfree's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S100 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow