Martín Crespo
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,467
Like?
Re: Technical details? (answers)
In reply to Sea Hunt 2, Jun 3, 2012

Sea Hunt 2 wrote:

Hola Martin, it would be interesting to get some technical information:
let's go, Sea Hunt

1. What D7000 image settings did you use? Neutral? No sharpening at all? Contrast all the way down? Saturation setting? Brightness setting?

ALL NEUTRAL BECAUSE I DO PREFER A FLAT IMAGE TO PROCESS AFTER EDITION. IN THIS CASE IMAGE POST-PROCESSING WAS DONE IN AFTER EFFECTS FOR ANOTHER PERSON.

2. Did you have any problems with the rolling shutter effect?

NO PROBLEMS, OR MAYBE, MINIMAL, NO COMPARISION WITH D90!

3. Did you have any problems with jerky movement in any shots? I have sometimes had this problem but I am not sure if it is a too short shutter time or also the rolling shutter effect in certain situations? You probably used shutter time 1/50 all the time.

YES I SHOT AT 1/50 OR 1/100 ALMOST ALL THE TIME, I HAVE NO BIG MOVEMENTS FROM CAMERA AND SUBJECTS IN MY MOVIE. BUT I DO PREFER TO WORK WITH 1/50 IN MOST SITUATIONS I CAN BECAUSE (FOR ME) IS IDEAL FOR FLUID MOVEMENT OF CINEMA.

4. You probably had to use ND filters in many scenes?

I HAVE USED IT IN FEW SCENES BECAUSE I WORKED MOSTLY WITH f8 OR f5.6. JUST USED WIDE OPEN F-STOP IN POOR LIGHT CONDITIONS (50 1.8; 85 1.4; 35 1.8)

5. Did you ever use the sound recorded by the camera? You probably had a separate recorder...

IS GOOD ONLY AS REFERENCE TO MAKE THE SYNCHRO WITH THE CLAPBOARD. SOUND WAS RECORDED MOSTLY WITH BOOM AND OTHER MICROPHONES BY A PROFFESIONAL... HE DID AS WELL THE MASTERIZATION AND MIXING. THE SOUND WAS ABOUT THE 20% OF THE BUDGET FROM THE WHOLE MOVIE. ALL THE MOVIE IS WITH DIRECT SOUND.

6. What was the maximum ISO you found OK for the big screen (in order to have minimal noise & enough sharpness in the final image)?

IN VIDEO THE D7000 IS GOOD UP TO ISO 800

7. Did you suffer from any dropped frames or were the images captured on the memory cards always 100% OK?

I WAS LUCKY, NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS

8. How well did the images tolerate post processing and what kind of post processing was done? Sharpening in post?

POST PROCESSING WAS DONE IN AFTER EFFECTS BY ANOTHER PERSON, IT HAS SOME FEW SHARPENING AND COLOUR CORRECTION. BUT TOLERANCE IS NO SO GOOD I GUESS AS A JPEG QUALITY 6 (FROM 12)

9. How does the movie look on the big movie theater screen? How much difference if you compare to Canon 5D Mk II or 35 mm movie film?

SO FAR I NEED TO CONVERT MY MOVIE TO DCP FORMAT TO DO THAT COMPARISION, I HOPE IT WILL BE FOR OCTOBER.

The teaser looks very interesting and professional. Congratulations.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, IN THE MOVIE WORKED A TEAM OF 40 PEOPLE, ALMOST ALL PROFFESIONAL, BUT THIS A VERY LOW BUDGET PRODUCTION (20K U$S)

-- hide signature --

Martín Miguel Crespo
http://www.MartinCrespo.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow