I Wonder Why They Waste The Time...

Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
CG33
Regular MemberPosts: 121Gear list
Like?
Re: I Wonder Why They Waste The Time...
In reply to Deleted pending purge, Jun 3, 2012

Thanks for your comment OldArrow,

I also experienced problems with size before. On the first challenge that I hosted, 20% of the participants did not follow the 1600 pixels rule, and another 20 percent did not care about the requested aspect ratio and orientation. In the subsequent challenges I decided to go easier on the rules and eliminated the orientation and aspect ratio.

Now I am not that concern about the mistakes people make on the challenges because I disqualify the wrong entries, and at the same time, request for correction and resubmission.

But many hosts are not enforcing their own rules, and many participant-voters do not care about them either.

I -as most of us- make mistakes, but am humble enough to admit it. ...and correct them on the run.

I think I have done a pretty good job hosting three challenges so far, and I also think you are right when you say "there will always be inept hostings..."

In that sense I will follow your advice. I will keep my challenges open, but I will abstain on submitting.
Thanks again for your comments.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow