ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ajendus
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
Need a Lens Recommendation
Jun 3, 2012

Hi All!

I'm heading out to Colorado for a good ole time with some buddies of mine. I'm the resident photographer but most of my work is done, to the surprise of many, with either my 14-24 or 70-200. I also have a 50mm. I only want to take ONE for my D700 lens because we will be traveling extra light. My favorite 14-24 will is a bit too wide more a good 'only' lens. My 70-200 isn't wide enough and is awfully big and the 50 isn't flexible enough. While I wasn't planning on buying a new lens, this gets me thinking I'd like to pick up the 24-120mm F4 but I also have considered the 24-70.

Money isn't really the major concern but I don't really want to spend 2G's on the 24-70 but also don't want to sacrifice the quality (even while the 24-120 f4 has great reviews). I don't know if the extra 50mm on the tele end will even matter as I'll still likely keep things wide for the work I expect to do.

Thoughts anyone?

P.S. I'll be out there for the 4th of July in Denver or Co Springs... never shot fireworks but would like to get some awesome shots as we'll be up in the mountains watching.
--
-A

ajendus's gear list:ajendus's gear list
Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +4 more
Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow