Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
tbcass
Forum ProPosts: 16,885Gear list
Like?
Re: Build the perfect Sony camera.
In reply to Shield3, Jun 3, 2012

Shield3 wrote:

Ok, I'll start.

A900 full frame with the video functions of the A57/65/77.
Dual SD slots.
Size and grip of the A57 (just feels good to me).
Ability to turn off video crop if stabilization is turned off.

Ability to use clear image zoom during video mode (instant "center of the sensor" 1.4/2x crop mode a la GH2)

SLT mirror that magically could be disabled - meaning you can use either PDAF or CDAF depending on what you want to do. (Ok this might be a stretch).
30 minute video limit removed.
Articulating LCD from the A77
EVF from the A65/77
12fps with a larger buffer

Unfortunately removing the 30 minute limit would make the camera more expensive as it would then be classified as a video camera which have a 5.4% tax levied on them in many countries. The limit isn't that big a deal though because the file is saved and a new file instantly created without user intervention. There is also the 4GB file limit to consider due to DSLR's using 32 bit processors but of course that would allow well over 30 minutes depending on what compression ratio is used. Switching to 64 bit would remove that limitation leaving only the size of the memory card as the limit. There is some talk of removing that limit in the future.

http://www.togtech.com/30-minute-limit-on-dslr-video-may-soon-be-removed/

Clear image zoom during video wouldn't be possible as the HD image is only 2mp and clear image up res's to 16mp on the A57. However allowing a simple digital zoom would be extremely useful right up to the 2mp HD size.

The ability to flip the SLT mirror certainly could be useful in some situations.

I would like the video button moved to where the ? button is. I would also like the ability to take full resolution stills while videoing.

There should be a separate switch to turn off SSS without menu diving like my A100 had.

I would like the ability to turn off NR completely and the ability to turn off and control color and luminance NR separately.

The ability to adjust and save in camera parameters for aberrations and focusing discrepancies for any lens.

Tethering should be a standard feature.

On my A65 I wish, when I push the + or - button, the ability to adjust would remain after I take a photo without having to push the button again. I would like it to behave like an on off switch.

Every button should be user programmable for any function.

Auto iso limits should be user adjustable to any high to low combination desired.

I love my A65 and not having the above capabilities does not make it a bad camera by any means but it's not perfect.

-- hide signature --
 tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A65 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow