Started Jun 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Boomanbb
Contributing MemberPosts: 575Gear list
Like?
Hypersync with 7D, 285HV, 580EX, Pixel Kings
Jun 3, 2012

I finally got reliable Hypersync working with the titled equipment. Basically I have the 580EX in MANUAL HSS mode triggering the Vivitar 285HV via a standard optical slave (Wein Peanut). Included is a daytime photo taken at 1/1600 sec showing the 285HV flash pattern on a wall. Notice the daylight conditions outside the clear glass window.

I set the Pixel King transmitter to manual High Speed mode. The receiver is attached to a 580EX. The trick was remembering that the 580EX must be set via the commands on the flash. I set the flash to manual and its output to 1/64 so that only the 285HV would be visible. The slave was attached to the front of the 580EX and wire connected to the 285HV which was set to full power.

Reliable sync was obtained all the way up to 1/8000 sec exposures using this method. It did not work with my AB400 set to full power but should work with any flash that has a longer t.5 duration.

Ben

Boomanbb's gear list:Boomanbb's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +9 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow