First time macro

Started Mar 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
math guy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,313Gear list
Like?
update: 28mm not very useful
In reply to math guy, Jun 3, 2012

math guy wrote:

I should've bought a 49-52, though. For some reason, I was thinking that my MD-mount Tokina 28mm had a 49mm filter, but it's actually 52mm. So instead I just (very carefully) used my Pentax 50mm.

My old MD-mount lenses are still in good condition but aren't worth anything on the used market these days since no DSLRs use that mount. So I'd rather use them than my Pentax lenses, as I don't really like having the rear element exposed that way. So I may go ahead and order the 49-52. It's only a few bucks, and it would let me use those old lenses as well as get greater magnification with the 28mm vs the 50mm I used.

I got a 49-52 ring and tried out the 28mm, but it vignettes pretty badly. First I tried it on the 35/2.4 and then on the 70/2.4. The 70, of course, wasn't as bad as the 35, but neither were what I would consider usable. So I guess it's best to stick with a 50 reversed on the 70.

-- hide signature --

-- Joe S.

"We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/josephschmitt

math guy's gear list:math guy's gear list
Pentax K-x Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow