I think the Olympus menu is clear and functional

Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
TEBnewyork
Forum ProPosts: 11,185
Like?
Re: I think the Olympus menu is clear and functional
In reply to rrr_hhh, Jun 3, 2012

But this is just where Oly has been so stubborn and dumb. They don't allow you to set the focus box size and leave it as your default. Every time the camera is turned of it resets and goes back to the larger size (which is too big). I mostly use m4/3 glass so it makes sense for the first tap to be the one that gets you back to the smaller focus box. Then then the second tap to magnify if I need it. But then why do I need magnify when it is automatic if the camera is set to AF+MF assist - rotate the focus wheel?

However, if you simply then switch to a manual lens you would think that button would just magnify, but no it does nothing.

rrr_hhh wrote:

TEBnewyork wrote:

Here is a good one....I found out that the reason I couldn't get the magnify box to shrink was because I touched the assigned button to hard, you can only give it the slightest tap.....undocumented feature?

I'm still waiting for my OM-D, but to kill time I'm studying the manual like I never did. I've just read this afternoon that there is an option to set how the magnifier works : you can choose whether the button will activate the magnifier immediately at the first pressure, or whether it will first show you the target and then magnify the zone in the target after a second press. I guess that in the second case you should have the possibility to reposition the target and adjust its size.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow