new GF3 owner. Please help me choose focus settings for outdoor sports (1 messages)

Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yankeeslover
Regular MemberPosts: 117
Like?
new GF3 owner. Please help me choose focus settings for outdoor sports (1 messages)
Jun 2, 2012

I am moving up from a P&S. real beginner... daughter plays alot of soccer this time of year. would like to get some nics pics of her playing soccer. I do not expect professional quality pics just something better then a point and shoot.. Here is what i did for her game last week ,I turned the selector on sports. i then chose the burst option.. this is where i get lost. i did not change the focus system, i believe the default focus in the sports setting is the one area setting. i left it here and focused on her by halfway pressing shutter, then as she was running I fully pressed it... after i uploaded i noticed alot of her pics were blurry. im just wondering what the best option as far as focus is for sports? should I leave it at the 1-area setting? and if so, i see there is an option to turn the dial and make the area alittle bigger, should i make that area as big as can be... or the other focus is either 23-area or AF tracking. should i be using one of these two focus areas instead of 1-area? Im so confused as far as all the focus options on this camera... just wondering what is best one to choose for outdoor sports using the sports setting on the dial..thank you

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow