Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BushmanOrig
Senior MemberPosts: 2,818Gear list
Like?
I think the Olympus menu is clear and functional
Jun 2, 2012

I read the comments about people struggling with the Olympus menu structure. I think the problem is more a case of people using the Olympus for a first time and not a poor menu structure. I think there are many people who would never have considered using a Olympus prior to the E-M5. People who most probably used Canon or Nikon systems for years and they know those systems backwards.

We also have years of negative press on the Olympus 4thirds format and some of these stories are much deeper intrenched in peoples minds as what one realize.... One just needs to look at the wild theories and statements made on this forum....

That brings me to the Olympus menu structure. Its like the SCP (Super Control Panel), many years prior to any other camera Olympus already introduced the SCP. I will be very unhappy if Olympus had to adapt the Canon menu for example and with that the reduced flexibility the new menu structure will bring....

All I can say is.....I know its hard but hang in there, once you get use to it you will love the flexibility it gives....

Siegfried

-- hide signature --

Community of Photographers
http://www.photographyisfun.ch

BushmanOrig's gear list:BushmanOrig's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus E-30 Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow