K0-1 ... Review.

Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Yamin Tedja
Contributing MemberPosts: 542
Like?
Re: Dumbest Con
In reply to Ian Leach, Jun 2, 2012

Is everything you own the most popular by world opinion or do you sometimes buy something a little less ordinary? The key to this is that we have a different take on life. If I wrote camera reviews I would be generally positive about all the various designs, knowing that it is nicer for people who like the camera not to be told it’s a dud. Because of course it isn’t for them. This doesn’t mean the short comings can’t be duly noted, but I would write everything in a more celebratory tone. The world is a better place for difference and it should be applauded. People don’t need to see low scores to know a camera isn’t for them and the people who like the design don’t need to be put down. I wouldn’t have a score at all, but just give the facts and let people decide for themselves. Unfortunately the world is full of people who like put others and their choices down. In my world people would be happy that someone else gets pleasure from their choice. As I said I’m not that keen on the K01 but I’m happy for the people who like it and I wouldn’t try to tell them otherwise.

I don't always follow the world opinion, but in the world we live today world opinion sometimes is the deciding factor whether a product and a company can be succesfull or not. Some reviews are actually used as marketing tactics, some reviews are bias , some are fair, they all different kind of reviews. Dpreviews is one of the most popular camera product review out there and I think their review are extensive and details. Usually when I read dpreview's review , I only read about the specifications, image quality, conclusions and skips all other pages. I don't really care about the scores, it is not important. And because dpreview is one of the most popular photography reviews on the internet and sometimes people use dpreview to look for a camera to buy , pentax should be more serious about making a camera that will get a high score on dpreview because a lot of sales will be made from the result of the review. I seen one sony nex advertisement on a store in which they proudly display the dpreview gold award and I think that is good for sales. So regardless of what you think about dpreview, their reviews sometimes will become the reflection on how a camera will perform in the market.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow