Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Martin Setvak
Contributing MemberPosts: 500Gear list
Like?
Re: Timelapsing and night sky with GXR A16 24-85mm
In reply to Zagato, Jun 2, 2012

Zagato wrote:

Hi Martin,

this is a great shot showing an unbelievable atmosphere of the nightsky! Congratulation!

My GXR + A16 is on the way from Germany, hope to receive it on Monday. I shall also be a newcomer to the GXR. So far I've been using Panasonic Lumix G1 and G3, Fuji X100 and Fuji X-S1 (a huge bridge camera with lots of facilities but poor sensor only good for super macro shots - my opinion).

I'm very curious to see some more shots from you, especially from that fantastic landscape of southern Bohemia. Am I right that your nightshot was taken near Lake Budar in the vicinity of Tabor?

From Vienna, where I live, I've already made numerous trips to your beautiful country, especially of course southern Bohemia and Moravia (Tabor, Pisek, Cesky Krumlov, Telc, Trebic etc). Very impressive and foto motives to be found all year round.

Kind regards
Michael
(Reitbauer3@gmx.at)

Hi Michael,

I was considering Panasonic G3 or GX1 myself, but in the end decided for GXR with A16 ... namely for its timelapse capabilities and possibility to set the focus to infinity (almost a "must" for stars photography).

Yes, you are right that the night shot was taken near Budar, it was above "Zadrazil", http://www.mapy.cz/#x=14.884567&y=49.513211&z=13 (the next one).

And yes, you are right that southern Bohemia and Moravia are photographer's paradise - I just wish I had more time for going there ... On the other side, I like your Alps very much - we often go to Rauris, hiking around there - see some of my timelapses from there

Kind regards,
Martin

Martin Setvak's gear list:Martin Setvak's gear list
Ricoh Caplio GX100 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow