Why Zeiss doesn't make Autofocus ZF ZE lenses?

Started Mar 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gunzorro
Senior MemberPosts: 1,887
Like?
Re: Why Zeiss doesn't make Autofocus ZF ZE lenses?
In reply to scrane, Jun 2, 2012

I agree that I would like to see Zeiss and Leica produce AF lenses. Throw in IS while you're at it!

I love Zeiss and Leica lenses, owning a number of them for Canon bodies. But I will readily admit they are overpriced and lacking in key features that I find useful. I still use my Canon lenses more often that these and other MF lenses.

I have the Contax N1 with N24-85 and N70-200, and like it quite a lot with its AF, clunky and slow as it is. I can't see why Zeiss can't find a way around the patents and agreements from Contax/Kyocera and Sony to build its own AF line.

Considering all the features and relatively small sizes, it's amazing what Canon, Nikon and others have done with their top lenses.

Carvac -- I find my Canons to have very precise AF -- if I use the center AF point to choose my desired focal plane. What's not to like about that? Yes, that was some elitist talk, but that is very common among owners and users of top gear, whatever the brand.

I love Zeiss and Leica, but its time for them to improve features and lower prices.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow