Started Mar 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
SCR Johnson
Junior MemberPosts: 32Gear list
Like?
Re: Upgraded to a 5DIII from a D700
In reply to Emacs23, Jun 2, 2012

Emacs23 wrote:
LOL you made my day

Dude, you are a poser ;). Processing photos on tiny laptop screen is not a good idea. But making this a reason not to buy superior product (from the IQ standpoint) is a stupidity at least.

SCR Johnson wrote:

try processing them on a MacBook Air

According to my wife, I am far from a poser as she is consistently unhappy with how I pose the kids for portraits. Regarding the tiny screen, it is still better than when I tried to edit my pictures on my Vic 20 connected to a 10" black and white Magnavox CRT (plus, I have not found any card readers that attach to a tape drive). Regarding the stupidly not going with the superior product, just like I am an audiophile without a "Golden Ear," I am also a photographer without a "Golden Eye." If you put 20 pictures in front of me an asked me to pick which camera took which picture, I would fail miserably. The image quality of either camera would have met my needs. My decision simply came down to other features that I weighted as more of a priority.

SCR Johnson's gear list:SCR Johnson's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow