Upgraded to a 5DIII from a D700

Started Mar 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
SCR Johnson
Junior MemberPosts: 32Gear list
Like?
Re: What if a 24mp FF D600 is released?
In reply to Mazevision, Jun 2, 2012

Mazevision wrote:

Hi, I'm glad that you found the perfect tool for you. I could switch to canon for its 5D3 too, the specs are just about perfect, but I much prefer the Nikon ergonomy. How do you feel with a 5D3 in your hands? better, worst or just different from the D700? I'm wondering if a 24mp FF Nikon is released like the rumored D600 (for less than 2000$), you will not be tempting to switch again.

I really like the ergonomics. I didn't have an issue with the D700 per se, but the 5D3 feels a bit more organic if that makes any sense. I also like the menu system layout better and the c1-c3 banks that are easily accessible. While the autofocus is fantastic, there are almost too many options to tweak. I prefer the straight forward settings I had on the D700. Regarding switching back, I don't care what brand I shoot as long as it fits my needs. I have thoroughly enjoyed every Canon and Nikon I have owned- from a Coolpix 950 up to my 5D3.

SCR Johnson's gear list:SCR Johnson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Sony Alpha 7S Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow