Who's cancelling OM-D pre-order, or decided to pass on the OM-D and why?

Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Len_Gee
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,356Gear list
Like?
Who's cancelling OM-D pre-order, or decided to pass on the OM-D and why?
Jun 2, 2012

Hello,

Time has passed since I pre-ordered a silver body only, and I still have not received it.

A very reliable source now says not to expect any OM-D silver or black body only in USA until July-Aug (?). What's up with that?

So, how many of you have cancelled your OM-D order for another camera and which camera did you decide on?

Or thought more about the camera since real world users have reported on the OM-D, and now decided to pass on the OM-D as it is not a significant upgrade from what you are now shooting with?

This is a follow up to my post how many have buyer's remorse since the DPR review:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1041&message=41394373

Now considering a G1X or Fuji Pro 1 since I would like to replace my Gf-1/G2 for an upcoming trip to France. I have been told that the GH3 wil also be out soon with better low noise high IQ.

Plan to shoot Lascaux cave paintings, and chateaus by available light. I will carry no tripod.

Thanks and sorry for the ranting.

-- hide signature --

Like others here, I suffer from chronic GAS.
Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
a few hundred nautical miles SW : 17º 52S, 149º 56W

Len_Gee's gear list:Len_Gee's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow