Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cideway
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,677Gear list
Like?
The beautiful 645D
Jun 2, 2012

Well yesterday I was finally able to use a 645D in anger and all I can say is wow. It is pretty much the most impressive camera that I have ever used (and I have used a most of the top bodies from Pentax, Nikon and Canon).

It feels like a work of art, the buttons have a nice feel to them, the materials that it is made from. It just exudes quality. The feel of the grip is very comfortable, the camera doesn't feel heavy and doesn't cause fatigue after prolonged use. I was shooting for over two hours with it and didn't really feel any issues with prolonged use. The view finder is fantastic, the af points are a little too clustered around the middle though.

All in all it was a fantastic experience, the only issue was that I was in the studio, but didn't find the camera to have any limitations in that environment, that said I am looking forward to taking it out into the field to do some landscape work. The 55 also is a fantastic feeling lens and it really seems to perform.

So anyway this is one of the shots for the session, I am not sure if i want to clean the floor up some more or leave it as is.

-- hide signature --

Chris.

A weather sealed ultra wide, is that too much to ask?

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/chriside

GMT +9.5

Pentax SLR talk FAQ
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=23161072

Cideway's gear list:Cideway's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +2 more
Pentax 645D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow