D800 sensor light years ahead 5d3

Started Jun 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
spbStan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,882
Like?
Re: Better all-arounder...how?
In reply to Shotcents, Jun 2, 2012

Well, one person who switched from saying the D800 was great to not as good as a 5DIII is Ken Rockwell.....which suggests how far Canon fanboys have to stretch to find support for their claims about the superiority of the 5DIII.

For me, all it took was looking at the detail loss and artifacts that were plainly visible at higher ISO with an overly aggressive NR that can't be turned off.

Then seeing a file where just a small about of shadow boost was done turned to mush, just like the 7D and 5DII are famous for..

For a while I have been shooting clubs and events where I was the only Nikon shooter, a D7000. Everyone else uses 5DII or 7D and found that I had consistently better keeper rates and fewer focusing issues in low light, and no banding or artifacts.

Now shooting with a D800, comparing images in the poor conditions, even the most diehard Canonite among them are crying over their investment.

For those who see the results of both brands in crop and in full frame, there really is a difference. On paper they look similar but that ends quickly when using in real world less than optimum conditions.
--
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Vs.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow