Started Jun 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
tt321
Senior MemberPosts: 2,744Gear list
Like?
Re: MFT's weakest point
In reply to sderdiarian, Jun 2, 2012

sderdiarian wrote:

napilopez wrote:

By asjusting settings such as WB, contrast and such, do you mean of the picture you're taking or calibrating the EVF itself? You can have a good number of EVF calibration options on the G3,and I have mine quite close to what I see with my eye now. You can also calibrate the LCD for that matter. The default settings were not very good for me!

I found tt321's reply helpful in better understanding how you can adjust the image quality (for lack of a better description) in the G3 EVF (and I assume all Panasonic EVF's, Olympus too?).

Under most conditions (i.e., not in a store) how does it appear compared to a decent OVF? I've also read posts that in bright light and weak light the EVF quality goes down as well; your experience and those with VF2's and O-MD's on this would be appreciated.

napilopez is right. However as you said stores rarely do the appropriate adjustments and this costs them sales as people feel disgusted, rightly, about the huge differences they perceive between what they see with their own eyes through air and what the VF is telling them.

For me the fundamental difference between the EVF of the G3 and a decent OVF (most SLR's have decent OVF's in my view) is that the refresh rate is rather limiting. It's like watching a TV and as such, people like me who suffer from motion sickness could become sick when using long lenses or shooting macro without IS. I spent an entire day last week recovering from the effect of shooting some macro photos I may end up with an in-body IS or a macro with IS because of this reason.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow