Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Annex
Regular MemberPosts: 190Gear list
Like?
NEX LA-EA2 Telezooms
Jun 2, 2012

I'm looking to get a telezoom for my NEX-5N and wondering what others are using out there...

Pretty much thinking I'll get an A mount lens to use with my LA-EA2 to get slightly faster AF (for any wildlife stuff I might do). As even the 55-200 E mount is too big for a pocket I may as well get an A mount I figure and get faster AF and more reach - If it doesnt fit in a pocket anyway then size beyond that is less of an issue.

Narrowed it down to 2 main options:

• Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG OS - Mainline consumer lens but with in lens OS (£300 approx in the UK)

• Tamron SP 70-300mm VC USD f4-5.6 - Higher quality optically but no OS in lens for the sony version (£315 approx in the UK)

It appears to come down to a choice between better optics vs stablisation. Does anyone have experience of these 2 lenses with the NEX system? Any other options to consider?

I intend to mainly use it to shoot distant landscapes with the occasional wildlife shot mixed in so speed isnt massively important to me. Most of my short lenses are MF but for this I would definitely prefer AF.

Appreciate any input people have.

Annex's gear list:Annex's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7R +1 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow