Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
visoflex
Regular MemberPosts: 257Gear list
Like?
FZ150 and a large thumb
Jun 2, 2012

I love the FZ150 but often my thumb grip on the camera triggers the display button, or the exposure compensation rocker switch, the beep telling me that I had pressed one of them.

My solution to this is shown in the following image.

Two O-ring seals, 6mm x 1.5mm, and 17mm x 1.5mm were positioned over the offending button and the rocker dial. The 6mm seal required a fine snip to bring it central over the display button and against the 17mm seal.

The seals were first positioned and tested with a weak glue, when it was successful I removed them, cleaned, and carefully re-fitted them with super glue.

No more accidental presses, when required the buttons can be pressed with my thumb nail, the O-ring will give sufficiently to make the contact. The Playback button is not above the camera body and does not cause a problem.

Q.E.D but be extra careful when using the Super Glue ! It would be very easy to glue the buttons.

visoflex's gear list:visoflex's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Fujifilm X20 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow