Olympus 45 1.8 or Panasonic 45 2.8

Started Jun 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Timur Born
Senior MemberPosts: 3,665
Like?
Re: Very interesting...
In reply to Anders W, Jun 2, 2012

Anders W wrote:

Actually yes. First, I wouldn't call this heavy.

I'll take your word for it, because I lack experience with other lenses to compare against. So to judge the quality of my unit I am thankful for any input on this matter.

I have seen much worse for a subject of this kind (dark branches against a bright sky), which tends to make longitudinal CA (LoCA) more visible than most others. Second, as far as I can tell, it shows in the OOF areas only, where just about every lens as fast as the 45/1.8 is likely to show at least some of it when used wide open.

In my 45/1.8 feedback thread I posted this image where both magenta (saddle and head) and cyan (handlebar) fringing are really prominently present. The head is in focus, so some fringing can also be present in in-focus areas.

Of course it can be removed via LR4, but I had to use a quite broad range of green/cyan hue and defringing comes at a cost (too strong and broad a values can remove real color information in non fringing parts).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow