Does M9 raw have similar problems as XPRO1?

Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
MPA1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,540Gear list
Like?
Re: No, no, no...
In reply to borgein, Jun 2, 2012

Interestingly when I tried opening the RAW files with RPP, they were rendered in some form of colour monochrome and no matter what I did I could not get them to look 'normal' at all.

Might just be my unfamiliarity with RPP of course!

borgein wrote:

The RAW files allow it. It's just Adobe's decoding algorithm for the sensor which sucks. Silkypix, Raw Photo Processor (RPP) and DCRAW all decode the RAW files better than ACR currently does.

With this camera I'm mainly shooting jpeg anyway, since the jpeg's are so good. But I am shooting raw+jpeg (fine) in case I need to process a file because of something, or, for further black and white processing (Silver Efex 2) - and in that case I'll just use Silkypix to export a RAW file to TIFF and use that in Silver Efex.

For regular snaps and daily photographs there is for me absolutely no reason to mainly shoot RAW with this camera. The jpeg output is stunning.

starwolfy wrote:

But indeed...they made this type of sensor to be ABLE to get rid of the AA filter without problems with Moire.
So there is a kind of indirect correlation in my opinion.

JPEGs on XPRO1 seem to be excellent. It's just sad the RAW files do not currently allow to get a bit more from the sensor.

Then all of this is just an issue if you want to shoot RAW.

KEN ROCKWELL DOESN'T !!!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow