New Sigma 30 2.8 Samples

Started Jun 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Re: at $199, you should buy BOTH 19mm and 30mm
In reply to mh2000, Jun 2, 2012

mh2000 wrote:

Except that the Sigmas are both kind of big and ugly to look at...

Big? The Sigma 30 2.8 is 1.5" (38mm) is a long. It not as small as some of the Panasonic pancakes, but it far from big. And I don't find it ugly at all. Not the flashiest lens (it's all black) but certainly you wouldn't immediately look at it an recoil in horror.

The 45 is certainly in a class of its own.

Love the Olympus 45. It's an amazing lens.

007peter wrote:

marike6 wrote:

I have to tell you, I had a huge dilemma between the 19 2.8 and the 30 2.8. It was really tough as I generally prefer a bit wider view for general and street photography.

Why bother debating between 19mm and 30mm. Both lens are outstanding, both are extremely sharp, and both are price at super-cheap $199. At that price level, it makes sense to buy BOTH of THEM .

I was gonna splurge on an Olympus 45mm f/1.8....,then I realized that I can have an outstandingly sharp 19mm landscape and a good 30mm portrait lens for the price of a single olympus.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow