D800 sensor light years ahead 5d3

Started Jun 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
MichaelEchos
Regular MemberPosts: 210
Like?
Re: D800 sensor light years ahead 5d3
In reply to Maji, Jun 2, 2012

Maji wrote:

Hey, if the price of a camera goes down, why should Canon users complain? Shouldn't they be celebrating because they can now buy it for a lower price?

After all is said and done, Canon priced the 5D3 based on the improvements it made to the AF system and other misc. items over the 5D2. If they can sell it at that price and the Canon users (and Canon fan boys/girls) buy it for that price, I say more power to Canon. The price is what the market will support and so be it.

D700 was a great camera but the 5D2 sales figure beat it because of the video and higher resolution, even though D700 has a great AF system and better low light capabilities than 5D2. While Canon was fine tuning the AF, Nikon and Sony made giant strides on the sensor side, and the combo meant a great camera like the D800. To gain market share, Nikon priced it at a bargain (in my mind) price of $2999.

As part of its strategic plan to grow in the developing countries, Nikon wants to come up with a low priced FX dSLR, which will be the rumored D600. It is 95% or better in capabilities of the 5D3, and less than half the price. Perhaps the sensor will be better in the D600 than the 5D3.

Nikon wants to be the market leader in dSLR, and I hope they can keep on innovating. I have a stable of F-Mount glass, and I hope Nikon keeps that mount and makes better and better cameras for years to come.

D700 isn't really very much better than 5D2 in terms of high ISO.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Vs.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow