I have a Canon Direct 5D MK II refurb on order.

Started May 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Peter 13
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,301
Like?
Re: Got it! Shutter count of 20!
In reply to Timbukto, Jun 2, 2012

Timbukto wrote:

Finally if I had to attach a huge standard zoom onto the 5D MK II I'd rather just go with a zoom on the Rebel. I've already seen what my primes do at f4.0 and f5.6 on the 5DMKII and from most samples and online tests the 24-105 or 24-70 MKI for that matter do not really impress especially towards the borders. Shooting my 5D MK II with sharp primes seem worth it...but to go for a big zoom + big camera and get performance that is just a smidge better...it'll be maybe slightly better than the 17-55 2.8 in the end, but a good bit worse than my primes if you extrapolate test data...theres not a whole lot of room in between the two as is unless you pixel peep...the size just isn't worth it for normal zooms...my 85mm 1.8 is very sharp...the 24-105 at tele range however IMO is quite average in comparison.

You had it for a few hours and you know it all now? What huge zoom? The 24-205 is about the same size and weight as the 17-55. At equivalent apertures, the 5D2+24-105 makes you Rebel+17-55 look mushy. The 17-55 is soft at the tele end as well, and that tele end is not even 105mm eq.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow