Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cgarrard
Forum ProPosts: 14,190Gear list
Like?
Got the 50D Today
Jun 2, 2012

So recently I added a 5D for my kit, and now the 50D. One to cover FF the other APS-C (and to have the more modern features). One is a family wagon, the other a sports car, metaphorically speaking.

I chose the 50D because of its body style, lighter weight, lower price, and highly featured set against the 7d which I previously owned. I don't want video on a DSLR, rarely shoot above 3200 ISO, and frankly didn't want to spend a lot of money on an APS-C body. The 5D ticked nearly every box, including weather sealing, so that was the choice.

When B&H had one at 9+ condition with the box, I jumped on it for$ 615.00 USD.

The body is an absolutely wonderfully built piece of metal and rubber (better than the 7D around the card door area where I found the 7D to flex and creak), and it's extremely comfortable in my hand. It could quite be the most comfortable DSLR I've ever held or used (Pentax K20D is another).

I think this is a hey-ll of a deal for the price you can get them for. More to follow.

Carl
--
http://photographic-central.blogspot.com/

Ironic Misquote: "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude; nothing can help the man with wrong one."
-Thomas Jefferson

Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D Pentax K20D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow