X-Pro 1 & OM-D

Started May 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,568Gear list
Like?
Re: X-Pro 1 & OM-D
In reply to dnercesian, Jun 2, 2012

one or the another but not both, if you get both, one of them will sit at home all the time. waste of money. just pick fuji if you favor the best image and olympus if you favor the best speed. but granted whatever you pick will give you joy.

dnercesian wrote:

Since the X-Pro 1, I have been so happy that I have only picked up my D3's when I need an Ultra Wide Angle or when I need some speed. Mind you, I am one of the crazy people who doesn't have an issue with the XP1's speed for around 95% of things.

Anyway, my Nikon setup is expensive and cumbersome to keep for such rare use, but I do need to have that end covered. Lately I have been thinking of getting an OM-D to compliment my XP1 and replace my Nikon setup completely. With the OM-D I can get a 7-14 panny lens (14-28mm equivalent) that would cover my wide angle use, and I would have that extra speed when I need it.

Questions:

Do any of you out there own both camera's? What do you think of the OM-D as a companion to the XP1?

I won't expect the XP1 to do certain things the OM-D will, and vice-versa. Like I said in another thread earlier this week though, I wonder if firmware updates will up the XP1 speed shortly, and if perhaps a 3rd party will offer a UWA in the near future. If I could see that in a crystal ball, I'd just wait and get another XP1 body.

Thoughts?

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow