Started Jun 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Biological_Viewfinder
Senior MemberPosts: 1,194
Like?
Who chooses *NOT* to use a camera strap
Jun 2, 2012

I thought about asking this question to the open forum or the pro forum, but mostly my identity is here and I also feel that I'm asking this question to the right group of people; those who have multi-Thousand Dollar camera bodies.

Personally, I think that camera strap gets in the way. It's not too bad, but it just sort of feels like the frilly 6 yr old girl's bicycle tassles coming out of the end of the ends of the handlebars like glossy pompoms.

However, I also am aware that it serves as a good waiting place while I use my hands, climb, etc. But I could always just put it back in my pack.... although sometimes I do walk around with just the camera and one lens sometimes (I know, the heresy!). If things are happening fairly frequently, you might not want to always be digging in the pack. And finally, inserting and removing the strap doesn't sound like a joy.

I think I've answered my own question, but perhaps another method would be the video-camera hand-grip. Is that a available or even useful and safe for a heavy dSLR? I don't know.

All I know is that I have always thought the damned things looked cheesy.

Maybe someone knows of an alternative that I'm not considering.
--

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow