Started Jun 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Allan Ostling
Regular MemberPosts: 235
Like?
Using "dumb" adapters on the Nikon 1
Jun 1, 2012

I bought an adapter on eBay, for mounting Minolta MD lenses on the Nikon V1. It has no electrical contacts, so when mounted the camera doesn't know it is there. It is very well made, and includes a tripod bush.

I mounted my Minolta MD 135mm f3.5, and turned the camera on. This brought up an error message: Check lens. Pictures can only be taken with a lens attached . I was in aperture priority. I switched to manual exposure , and the error message disappeared.

Now I was in stop-down metering mode, but without a meter! The V1 doesn't have an exposure meter on the display, so you will have to determine the correct exposure by some other means.

But worst of all, there is no way to magnify the preview for manual focusing. The magnify controls do not work with a "dumb" adapter attached.

I cannot fault the seller – no false claims were made on the website. But I feel that my $24 purchase has been a failure.

Nikon could fix this with a firmware update, but I'm not expecting that to happen.

-- hide signature --

Allan

Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow