OMD EM5, first paying job

Started Jun 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Pikme
Senior MemberPosts: 1,467
Like?
Re: OMD EM5, first paying job
In reply to Buchan-Grant, Jun 1, 2012

As a potential resort customer, the blown out windows do not bother me at all. In fact, it puts the emphasis and the eye on the subject matter within, so might even be a good thing. Maybe you have comments from non photographers - it would be interesting to see whether they are bothered by the blown out windows?

On the other hand, I am bothered by the lack of people in most of these shots - makes it look like an empty resort or a ghost town. I realize there are implications for having people in the shots, but I think the resort would be better served by showing people having a nice time in the pool and restaurant, etc.

Finally, I don't know if flare is a common issue with the 7-14, but noticed your comment because I just took my first shots with 12-50 and had tons of flare in the photos. (I wasn't using a hood and the scenes were brutal, so don't know if this is a lens issue yet.) Anyway, it made me think about the amazing resistance to flare that I have seen in the 9-18mm lens. I doubt that lens is as sharp as the 7-14, but if you were going to do this type of work more often and wanted flare resistant lens, I can heartily recommend the 9-18 for that characteristic. ANd that also makes me think once again that so often these tools are reduced to one measurement only (lens - sharpness; camera - noise) when in real life, there are other important characteristics that can make a difference.

-- hide signature --

Roberto M.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow