New Sigma 30 2.8 Samples

Started Jun 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Re: New Sigma 30 2.8 Samples
In reply to Adventsam, Jun 1, 2012

Adventsam wrote:

The last image is my fave, it looks like the street is on fire? the nikon is a good lens by the looks of it. Funny I find the Sigma a bit bland by comparison but it is a good lens am sure.

Yes, all the various versions of the Nikon 50, even the inexpensive 50 1.8 E AIS, are terrific lenses.

The Sigma images as I said aren't wonderful images. The majority of them I made in the first hour of having the lens. But I think you can see, especially when you expand the first image, that it performs extremely well at max aperture. Certainly, if you can afford the PL 25 1.4 or 20 1.7, are better all around lenses. But in terms of sharpness, and this is confirmed by the lenstip review (see below) the Sigma equals the 20 1.7 at it's sharpest aperture setting.

http://www.lenstip.com/335.4-Lens_review-Sigma_30_mm_f_2.8_EX_DN__Image_resolution.html

Anyway, just thought others might be interested, as at $199 for a small, well-made prime, the Sigma definitely is worth a look.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow