Layoffs and equity problems

Started Jun 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
goblin
Senior MemberPosts: 2,506Gear list
Like?
Re: Layoffs and equity problems
In reply to HMi, Jun 1, 2012

Neither Sony nor Panasonic give a rat's a$$ about Oly's cameras. Everyone is after their medical division. Including shiny white knight holier than thou Woodford in his time.

Camera personnel layoffs will hopefully come from the lower tier, point & shoots and other crap which Olympus shouldn't even bother with. Competition there is fierce, the gap with smartphones is closing more and more, and I can't possibly what kind of money Olympus can make out of a P&S selling for $59.99 at your local CVS pharmacy (or if they DO make any money out of it, what sort of impact a little thing like that does to their brand image otherwise).

My $0.02, Olympus should dump anything below their XZ and Tough lines, and concentrate on what they do well - XZ, Tough and interchangeable lens ones. Can't talk for bridge cameras as they are not in my blood group, but I doubt there's much bread in those as well.

goblin's gear list:goblin's gear list
Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-400 +31 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow