X-S1 Shocking Poor Quality

Started May 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rachotilko
Contributing MemberPosts: 535
Like?
Re: X-S1 Shocking Poor Quality
In reply to geoson, Jun 1, 2012

The x10 should be sharper than the XS-1. The same sensor is being asked to do far less in the x10. Fuji bust have had an inkling of this. Why give the XS1 a shorter zoom range than the HS-series? I'd take the sf100 range with a larger sensor.

I'm not sure I decoded the intended meaning of your message (I am not a native speaker). My understanding is that you want XS1 to have longer range than HS-series. Then you supposedly want XS1 to have the same range as "sf100" had and that you just want it to have even larger sensor than that of "sf100".

My questions and points:

1, sf100 - What was that supposed to mean ? I presume S100fs, right ?

2, You should know that lens of the S100fs were of much smaller focal range (28-400) than that of HS-series (24-720)

3, s100fs was already big and heavy camera. Putting a larger sensor would imply bigger and heavier lens, and that would make it huge beyond any sensible limit. Remember, we are talking the fixed lens camera

4, Specs of XS-1 are well chossn, bar one thing: optical quality. In case it's impossible for Fuji to construct such a lens (without too severe of compromises in sharpness department), let them use the tried and well-proven older lens design with more tamed (sober|sane?) focal length ambitions.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow