Started Jun 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris Dodkin
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,873Gear list
Like?
Photoshop rendering excellent detail w/ Fuji X-Pro1's RAW
Jun 1, 2012

With the update to ACR, finally bringing RAF raw file conversion to Photoshop CS6 - I thought I'd try a few sample raw conversions today, and see how they looked.

Results:

ACR appears to handle raw files from the X-Pro1 extremely well - giving additional headroom as you'd expect/hope when processing highlights, and providing even more exact control over shadow detail than previous versions.

WB control matches anything I'd experienced with the Canon 1D and 5D series I'd previously used with ACR, and sharpening and saturation controls allowed for precise image manipulation which surpassed the already excellent in-camera JPEGs.

As with all raw files, base images are slightly 'soft', but not as soft as say a 5DII raw file - sharpening of around 50% at a 1.3 radius was used on the test images, this is considerably less than the 5DII settings I'm used to using to achieve the same final look from a Canon raw file.

No issues to report after one day of testing, other than CS6 costing me $199 to upgrade from CS5 - a pain, but then you do get many more features in the new release.

-- hide signature --

http://www.dodkin.com
Chris@1D-Images.com
Mac Pro/MacBook Pro/iPods/iPhones/iPad

Chris Dodkin's gear list:Chris Dodkin's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 30D +34 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow