ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sanjeev Das
Contributing MemberPosts: 793Gear list
Like?
New K5 user. Images.
Jun 1, 2012

Hi All,

Long time Nikon user, I just bought a K5 and a couple of DA limited lenses. My D7000 and Nikkor 17-55 f/2.8 (and a bunch of other lenses) were getting a bit too heavy. I have long wanted a small camera. The smallish K5 with a couple of small primes seems perfect for me.

In general I am enjoying the setup a lot. I would say that the K5 probably has the best ergonomics of any DSLR. The body is small enough that it fits my hand like a glove. I really like that all the buttons are on the right side of the LCD which makes changing settings so easy. I can't understand why Nikons and Canons put buttons on the left. It makes no sense. You have to remove your hand from under the lens to get to the buttons which is so awkward. I didn't bother with the neck strap. With a wrist strap and the DA lenses, it is a very unobtrusive setup for street shooting. The image quality is top notch. My only major gripe is with the AF in low/unnatural light. I can't seem to make it work :-(. AF in low light is a hit or miss affair- more misses than hits really. AF in daylight is fine. http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1036&message=41558227

Anyway, here are some recent images, enjoy:

US Interstate 5

Mission Beach in San Diego is a curious place filled with sun bathers, tourists and the assortment of odd characters. It was interesting to just stand in the corner and watch as the scenes unfolded.

Family Portrait

Times Square, NYC

Sanjeev Das's gear list:Sanjeev Das's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Sony Alpha 7R Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
Nikon D7000 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow