Magical IQ of 5D classic

Started May 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Le Kilt
Senior MemberPosts: 1,662
Like?
"magical"
In reply to Michael Thomas Mitchell, May 31, 2012

Michael Thomas Mitchell wrote:

Nothing to hate. You've just described differences accountable solely to that camera having a larger sensor than the 30D. And the differences are just as one would expect. And, as I said, the DNA of these two cameras are virtually identical -- from feature set to over all IQ -- with the exception of sensor size. There's certainly nothing "magical" about the 5D... it performs just as you would expect a 30D with a full frame sensor to perform.

You were very fond of your 30D?

To me, one of the magical bits was that some people used to 20Ds and 30Ds would go "wow!" when trying a 5D for the first time. The other was that I would go "wow!" quite often when using it. Nothing more than that.

Magical is just something (in this case good) that you can't explain. I find it curious that some people object to those that say they found the 5D magical. Oh dear, I'm using that word "magical" a bit too much...,-)

Le Kilt wrote:

And you'll hate it when I say it, but the sensor made a big difference, so did the viewfinder, wide-angle shooting, and low-light shooting.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow