Started May 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Just a Photographer
Contributing MemberPosts: 774Gear list
Like?
Re: D800 Mirror Up for cleaning CCD
In reply to JosK, May 31, 2012

JosK wrote:

Just a Photographer wrote:

I don't know the reason why the shutter wouldn't go up.

But I wonder why you don't clean your camera yourself saving yourself 45 euro's and a lot of time. Cleaning the CCD only takes 10 to 15 minutes.

This kind of maintenance I will not do myself on a 3000 euro body. It needs to be done in an anti-static environment in my opinion, not in an office with dust all over

This kind of maintenance is really easy to perform and there is NO reason to worry about dust falling onto your sensor during the cleaning process. Dust particles in the air are dry and can be blown away. Whats stuck on your sensor is wet dust (mainly caused by humidity changes of the air).

I've cleaned my sensors on my Canon D60, Canon 5D, 5DII ,1D MKIV and now the D800 and D4 and have never been afraid of scratching the sensor.

If you are afraid damaging the sensor then you are caught by marketing nonsense of those so called cleaning companies...

But if you want to throw money out of the window for something you can easily do yourself thats fine with me though.

As for your mirror lock up problem - your really need to install FULLY charged batteries.
If your batteries reach 85% the shutter won't flip up for a clean.

Just a Photographer's gear list:Just a Photographer's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow