Started May 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
travel_bug
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
iPad 3: Full Res Photos and iPhoto/iMovie to PC
May 31, 2012

I am am hoping someone can help me clarify. I am looking at buying an iPad 3 but want to be clear what I can and cannot do with it before buying.

I have a PC w/ Windows 7, and use PSE/PSP to edit photos and videos.

Note for photos: I save in jpeg format (quality 12) when done editing (if I feel I my want to re-edit I also save is PSD format). I know saving in JPEG each time loses quality, but for my purposes this works and I am fine with that.

I am wondering if I can do the following with the iPad while maintaining original size/res of the photo (hopefully I am using the right terminology - by original size/res I mean the size of the photos SOOC - like 5MB for example.

With the iPad 3 and CCK, can I -

• Transfer the original size/res photos from my camera to iPad - no different than when transferring from my camera to PC

• can I then transfer the original size/res photos (no edits still) from the iPad to the PC

• If I make photo edits on the iPad in iPhoto, can I edit the original size/res photo and save an an original size/res photo, or will iPhoto only allow saving of xxxx by xxxx photos? If iPhoto cannot do this, is there another app that can?

• would i then be able to move the edited photos from the iPad onto my PC (in full size/res form)?

• If I make video edits on the iPad in iMovie, can I edit the original 1080 videos and save as a 1080 video with no loss of quality, or will iMovie only allow saving of a max resolution video? If iMovie cannot do this, is there another app that can?

• would i then be able to move the edited videos from the iPad onto my PC (in full size/res form)?

In prior research it seems you can move original photos from your camera to iPad to PC w/o re-sizing, but i am not sure about videos and the questions related to editing apps.

I would appreciate any help.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow