OM-D Screwy IBIS ?

Started May 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
christan
Regular MemberPosts: 233
Like?
Re: Whole thing is nuts to me.
In reply to Louis_Dobson, May 31, 2012

Well, here's the thing ... I'm not gripping it so tightly like as if someone is trying to wrestle the cam away from me. Also, even if I relax my grip, while EVF is still resting below my eye, the problem still occurs, but with varying levels of vertical shake in the photo.

Using the same technique, i can get sharp photos without IS at the same settings. Using the same technique, i can get sharp photos with IS, but at much slower shutter speeds like 1/10 ... so something must be going wonky somewhere for this problem to occur at around 1/80-1/125 ...

Yes, we get it, you can't reproduce this issue. Why ? Beats me, there are too many variables at play here.

I am now waiting for Olympus Japan to look into this issue, and get back to Olympus Malaysia with some kinda response hopefully within a week or so.

Louis_Dobson wrote:

The IBIS works amazingly. If holding it in a vulcan death grips messes it up, well, simple, don't.

Can't make mine misbehave.

Dan Marder wrote:

The absence of any comment by Richard Butler on this long and important thread seems uncharacteristic. Based on personal experience - two cameras, identical results - I believe Olympus comment would be appropriate. Superb product vs. pretty paper weight, which is it? I've wasted considerable time (and some $) understanding and quantifying what might well be a gross design failure (wrt IBIS). Enough. Love the camera, but useless to me as is, i.e. if only available with image destabilizer.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow