Photoshoot for Crtique ,

Started May 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
KennethDante
Regular MemberPosts: 121
Like?
Re: Photoshoot for Crtique ,
In reply to Cheche, May 31, 2012

my two cents...

I like 1 & 2 very much, looks like some kind of off-camera light has been used which kind of confuses your head since the sun is in the BG. Neat effect and I really like it. Reminds me of a cool CD cover or some type of promotional shot for a singer/rapper. Being able to see into the drink looks cool too. Fun pictures that are different than many and carry a good amount of artistic expression. Well done.

Unlike the first two where you have your lights set up nice, I'm not really digging the other photos as the shadows seem to be fighting for attention with the subject. Mainly because the shadows are obscuring eyes and other defining features we are generally drawn to when looking at people. Kind of frustrating to look at. The last one may have been pretty good but the harsh shadow behind the subject's profile messes up the silhouette of his face. Maybe if you moved him away from the wall a bit more it would define the face a bit better. Don't forget a good crop can make or break a photo.

Thanks for posting your pics.

• Kenneth

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow