ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DigitalSnapper
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
550D Potential Purchase. Help Required
May 31, 2012

Hi:

Im completely new to photography and am thinking of getting the 550D as a camera that will hopefully see me through both the learning stages and also for some time after that.

At the moment I'm trying to read up on as much as possible about photography in general as well as camera's and lens, but obviously lots to learn!

I would be using the camera to take portraits, occaisonal indoor shots, holiday photos and maybe a few "in motion" shots like sports in the local park etc and am wondering what lens would suit best.

I wouldn't be going down the road of tripods and all the different lighting methods you can use to start with, just general hand held point and shoot while I learn.

My old panasonic camera wasn't great in low light and also wasn't great when people were not still as statues so out of the 550D I would like something that at least helped out in these scenarios...

Im currently thinking of the Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens for maybe the low light and portraits coupled with the standard 18-135 lens kits.

Im not sure if the 18-55 kit would serve me better that the 18-135 though as Im guessing the image quality would be better?

Any pointers or example shots taken with these lenses to show me the benefits/differences would be great.

Any links would also be appreciated, theres a lot of info out there but for a newbie it can be a bit overwhelming hence asking probably a much asked question!

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow