Which lense for NikonD7000...?

Started Apr 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Brev00
Senior MemberPosts: 5,976Gear list
Like?
Re: Which lense for NikonD7000...?
In reply to avid eye, May 31, 2012

avid eye wrote:

Hi all, I’m planning to buy a Nikon D7000. I am in dilemma about which lense to buy. I can spend 20500 INR (400 USD). The lense can be a all-in-one zoom lense or the one that has any focal length between 18mm and 200 or 300mm. My expectations are,
1. I should reach the distant objects
2. I should be able to shoot fast moving things around.
3.good image quality
Please suggest.
Thank you.

Those are three unusual qualities to seek if one only has one lens. If I am going to take you literally, you seem to want a telephoto zoom (satisfying #1) with good af (#2) that is above the level of a kit lens in terms of iq. The typical 55-2/300 satisfy #1 but are not always so quick to focus. The 70-300 zoom offered by Nikon and Tamron both satisfy all three criteria but only the Tamron falls within your budget brand new. I have one and it is great. My only question is what will you do for all those midrange focal lengths? Is covering those fl's not a concern?

Brev

Edit:

I didn't notice this is an old thread. It would be more appropriate to ask what the op has done.

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow