ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
scott_mcleod
Contributing MemberPosts: 936
Like?
G2 image review question
May 31, 2012

Hi all,

I recently got a G2 body for a killer price and have been having some real fun with it with an adapter for my old MD lenses, and the Panny 20/1.7 ( much better than I expected - really glad I took a punt on this lens!)

Anyway here's my (possibly dumb) question: since I also use DSLRs and an old A630 I am used to "chimping" shots to check if I got what I wanted in focus, look for blown highlights, etc. But on the G2, the image review quality via either the screen or the EVF is so poor/blurry/artifacted that it's next to useless (except for the blinking highlights). When I download the raw files onto the computer they looks great. I normally shoot raw only so I thought that maybe if I shot raw + max.quality JPG the review might be better (since it could look at the saved JPG instead of the low-quality embedded one) but it's the same. I can't find any reference to this in the manual. When I use manual focus and magnify the image, it looks excellently sharp and clear (if a bit grainy), nothing like what I see when reviewing a shot.

Am I missing some obscure setting or doing something wrong, or is this just how the camera works? It has the most recent FW.

TIA for any advice on this matter - it's the only real knock I have against this camera!

Scott

Canon PowerShot A630 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow