Best protrait lens for my budget is...?

Started May 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
garyinhere
Regular MemberPosts: 421Gear list
Like?
Re: Best protrait lens for my budget is...?
In reply to Gary Waugh, May 30, 2012

Gary Waugh wrote:

Gary,

I'm not certain of what your needs are. Do you need something wider than your 50mm or do you need a zoom to adjust for composition in a limited space?

Sorry about the late reply, my notification is not working properly so I can't tell when someone posts on a thread.

I am thinking I got in over my head lol, I am probably going to get a 28mm prime for indoors and thinking of a 85mm prime for outside. (if I can afford both)

garyinhere wrote:

mick232 wrote:

I'd say you have all you need for portraits. For indoor portraits, use the 50/1.7, and outdoors the beercan.

Space is a constant issue is why I was looking into the 28-135

If you really want to spend the money, get the Sony 85/2.8. Check out this forum and threads called "Some portraits from Russia" for excellent portraits shot with that lens.

Love those sets, amazing photographer

Do you already have a HSS-capable flash and a good RAW converter? That's maybe more useful than yet another lens.

I use LR4 and CS6, working on getting better lighting but have one flash gun and set it up with continuous lighting as well.

-- hide signature --

"We can do no great things, only small things with great love" Mother Theresa

-- hide signature --

Gary in PA

-- hide signature --

"We can do no great things, only small things with great love" Mother Theresa

garyinhere's gear list:garyinhere's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A65 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow